- The command is now run immediately, instead of waiting for changes first (#37)
- New CLI usage. The simple invocation hasn't changed, but everything else has.
- You now have to use
-x <cmd>to run custom cargo commands (multiple times as needed).
- Watch everything: the entire project is watched, but the target/ folder is ignored by default. (#31, #35, #39)
- You can decide to instead watch specific folders with
-w <folder>(multiple times as needed).
- Gitignore support:
.gitignorefiles are found and parsed recursively through the repo. This can be disabled with
- Custom ignore rules can be specified with
-i <pattern>(multiple times as needed).
- If you absolutely need to, you can explicitly require that no ignoring is applied:
- You can suppress all of cargo-watch's output with
-q, leaving only the output from the commands.
- You can run arbitrary commands with
--shell) (multiple times as needed).
- You can customise the debouncing delay with
-d, in seconds.
Features from 3.2.0 (which was just a few days ago so might be shadowed by this release):
- You can force cargo-watch to use polling instead of the native API with
- It will automatically fallback to polling if the native API fails to start.
- You can clear the screen between runs with
Server development (#25) is still not quite supported, but is expected to make it in soon in a point release.
View release on GitHub.
version released on 2017-03-29 | this page built on 2022-02-19 at 03:29 | generator v0.0.2 | json metadata